Exporting Class/Course scores as CSV
Next to individual widgets, it is equally possible to export the scores of an entire course —or even multiple courses at once— as a CSV file. Note: if you aren't using BookWidgets in conjunction with an LMS like for example Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams, then all of your students' submissions will be listed under "(no course)".
- Go to Grades & reporting > My courses;
- Select one or multiple courses by checking the corresponding boxes;
- Click the cogwheel and select Download scores as Excel (CSV) file;
- Configure the CSV file options. You can choose to have the scores automatically recalculated to a given total, as well as select a decimal character.
- Click Download Excel (CSV) file.
Using the CSV file as a pivot table
- When you have downloaded the file, open it in a spreadsheet editor. Note: Office 365 Excel users may need to open an empty spreadsheet first and then import the CSV file rather than opening it directly.
- Select all of the data and turn them into a pivot table.
- Configure the pivot table. Our recommended structure is:
- Student: row
- Quiz: row (optional)
- Score: value
- Max: value (optional)
If you combine Student with Score, you'll receive an overview of the (sum of) the scores that the student has obtained within the course. If you add Max, a column will be added that shows how the student measures up to the total. If you add Quiz as a row, then you'll receive a breakdown of how well your students did on the individual widgets.