How do I merge two accounts?
It is never necessary to create more than one BookWidgets account if you only wish to work with one of them. We therefore strongly disadvise creating multiple accounts. If, for example, you have changed schools, and will be working under a new (school) license and/or from a new email address, then do not create a new BookWidgets account for it!
If you have already created multiple accounts and would now like to merge them, the following aspects will need to be considered:
- Your students' result submissions
- Your widgets
- Your membership in widget groups
- Connections with digital learning environments
- Your email address
- Your subscription/license
- Deletion of unnecessary account(s)
Choose which account you'd like to keep. Base your choice on the content of your account, not its license or LMS connections. In other words: choose the account that has more widgets and/or student submissions on it. This will reduce the amount of data that has to be transferred from one account to another.
Moving your students' grades is something that you yourself have to take care of. Follow the instructions in the following article: https://kb.bookwidgets.com/article/138-searching-for-submitted-results.
- With your old account, make a group. More info on groups can be found here.
- Invite your new account to the group as an administrator.
- Move all the widgets you'd like to have transferred into the newly created group.
- Sign off.
- Sign in with your new account.
- Remove your old account as the administrator of the group.
- Move the widgets from the group into a new location.
- Delete the group.
Membership in widget groups
Groups that you have automatically been made a member of, for example through your LMS (e.g.: Google Classroom classes) will be transferred automatically when you move your LMS connection. See below.
If you yourself manage a group, you can invite yourself (i.e. your new account) to the group, and accept the invitation from your new account. For other groups, you will have to re-apply for membership, and await the group administrator's approval. To find out more about groups, click here:
Links with digital learning environments (LMS: Learning Management Systems)
To transfer a link with an LMS, first unlink it from the old account, then link it again with the new account. Go to the configuration page of both accounts to unlink and link again.
- If the old account has a trial license, no further steps are required.
- If the old account has a license through a digital learning environment or LMS, it will be transferred automatically when you move the links (see above).
- If the old account has a different type of license, go to this page first. Copy your license key, unlink the license key, log out of your account, log into your new account, and add the license key in the same location again.
- If your license is a group license, then additionally inform the group administrator of this change so they can remove your old account.
- If your license is personal/private, then additionally inform our BookWidgets support so we are aware that these two users belong to the same license.
If you'd like, change the email address of the new account. You can find more info about changing your email address here:
Deletion of unnecessary account(s)
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org informing of the accounts you'd like to have removed. Important: the email must be sent from the email address for which you'd like to have the account removed.