Setting up BookWidgets in Microsoft Teams
To activate the integration, you have to do the following:
- Add the BookWidgets Microsoft Teams App to your Microsoft Teams.
- Add the newly installed BookWidgets app to a team that you choose.
- When you go to the newly created BookWidgets tab, it will ask you to create a BookWidgets account. If you want to link an existing account instead, you have to first sign in on this BookWidgets account in your web browser first.
- Once your account is linked (or created), the BookWidgets tab should work. You can now follow the tutorial to see how to proceed.
- You can also sign in to the BookWidgets website with your office account using your Microsoft account. From here, you can also send assignments to Microsoft Teams from the Share dialog, and correct the submissions (e.g. in case there should be a problem with the Teams integration).
There are a couple of Microsoft-specific things that need to be taken care of:
BookWidgets must have the permission to access the Education APIs. An administrator of your Microsoft account can do so through this link.
When you were able to create a widget as a teacher, make sure to test if a student can open this widget. Your Microsoft Teams (and Office 365) tenant may have extra requirements for access for students, so your system administrator may need to perform a (one-time) action to do this.
More info on how to start using BookWidgets with Microsoft Teams once it's been set up can be found here: